Since the John X Foundations inception we’ve supported a number of worthy causes, both Humanitarian and Conservation based. Many are still current today, while others have realized the value of your contributions.
WHO and WHAT do we support?
- The Amasango Career School and Orphanage for homeless boys formerly living on the streets of Grahamstown.
- The Small Cats Initiative – We’re bringing back Serval and African Wildcat to the Eastern Cape.
- Nomzamo Preschool - The township toddler preschool program.
- The Lalibela Cheetah Project – Our involvement in this program has seen a successful breeding pair stock many further conservation areas with their offspring.
- Anti-poaching Donations – In both South Africa and Mozambique.
- The Coutada 11 Community Project, Mozambique - John X Safaris, together with Zambeze Delta Safaris, have decided to combine our humanitarian initiatives in an effort to sustain the community school in so doing ensuring the basic right to education is a reality and not a mere dream in the depths of a big 5 concession 100 miles from the nearest towns/cities.
The above initiatives would not have been possible without the CONTRIBUTIONS of our DONORS – We salute each and every one of you.
- Chris & Martie Petersen
- Gene Petersen
- Douglas Smith
- Brett Nelson
- Jim Haselberger
- Dave Tyner
- Tim Tyner
- Mike Turnipseed
- Brandon Graber
- Roger & Peggy Christianson
- Robert & Shandra Olsen Christianson
- The Steve Barry Family
- Autumn Petersen
- Dave Kjelstrup
- Pete & Elizabeth Stout
- Thomas & Ellen Manning
- Fred Slater
- The Eric Arnette Family and all the staff from the Texas Cash store in Texas
- Shelly & Candace Arnette
- Jim Smith
- Randall Spence & Emily Belue
- Sabrina Haverfield
- Robert & Wendy Haverfield
- Sydney Scott
- Bertil Friman
- Benny Fredriksson
- Uno Kristiansson
- Thomas Nyden
- Bjorn Hagman
- Martin Ostholm
- Jeff Edland
- Chad Badger
- Dennis & Nan Roberg
- Brian Nelson
- Joe Kapaun
- Brian Gebeke
“For it is in giving that we receive.” - St. Francis of Assisi
JXS Current Rates
Wondering what our current rates are? Click to download the JXS Rate Sheet
The John X Foundation enables hunters to easily make contributions in coordinated ways that maximize local impact for humanitarian and conservation causes.
What People Are Saying
"Thank you again for a wonderful experience. Botswana was spectacular, Linda and Clive were wonderful hosts and their staff was professional and very helpful. John and Thomas had a great time hunting and I thoroughly enjoyed taking pictures - our driver even showed me how to pick truffles! Every day we saw noteworthy animals and the guys got the trophies they were after. As for us, this was our 7th trip with John X and surely will not be our last. Thanks again, and until next time!"~ Lynn & John Nowlin '14 from
"Juan did an excellent job as PH and Steven worked hard as tracker and skinner. Top quality accommodations, friendly atmosphere and Willem was a great host. John X showed me again that they are a 1st class operation. Many thanks to Carl, Gary and all the staff for a job well done!"~ Jim Haselberger '12 from USA
"Thanks for a fantastic safari. Everything was first rate from the gun permit services at arrival, the hotel in Port Elizabeth, the accommodations, meals, hunting, trophy care, through to departure."~ Paul Brisso '12 from USA
Our John X Safaris experience was outstanding. The food was perfect and our accommodations were superb. Ed Wilson our PH went above and beyond our expectations to make sure our hunts were memorable. I would be honoured to recommend John X Safaris and our PH Ed Wilson to anyone considering a safari in South Africa. We cant wait to return!
Thanks again to everyone especially Carl, Ed and Stix.
"We cannot thank John X Safaris and the amazing staff enough for our wonderful family vacation. Each of us had exactly the experience that we had hoped for and as a family we will remember our trip as an all-time favorite!"~ The Pitts Family '14 from
"Words cannot express the amazing, incredible, awesome experience I've had. My PH, Greg, and tracker, Bless, were brilliant. I learned so much from both of them. I thank them for sharing their knowledge. The animals were vast and stunning. So many! I almost learned how to spot them and know what they were! John X Safaris does such an excellent job with all aspects of the trip - From the hunting, the service, the accommodations, the food, and the game drives. I did not have one bad day or even one bad minute. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart."~ Cari Smith '14 from