Since the John X Foundations inception we’ve supported a number of worthy causes, both Humanitarian and Conservation based. Many are still current today, while others have realized the value of your contributions.
WHO and WHAT do we support?
- The Amasango Career School and Orphanage for homeless boys formerly living on the streets of Grahamstown.
- The Small Cats Initiative – We’re bringing back Serval and African Wildcat to the Eastern Cape.
- Nomzamo Preschool - The township toddler preschool program.
- The Lalibela Cheetah Project – Our involvement in this program has seen a successful breeding pair stock many further conservation areas with their offspring.
- Anti-poaching Donations – In both South Africa and Mozambique.
- The Coutada 11 Community Project, Mozambique - John X Safaris, together with Zambeze Delta Safaris, have decided to combine our humanitarian initiatives in an effort to sustain the community school in so doing ensuring the basic right to education is a reality and not a mere dream in the depths of a big 5 concession 100 miles from the nearest towns/cities.
The above initiatives would not have been possible without the CONTRIBUTIONS of our DONORS – We salute each and every one of you.
- Chris & Martie Petersen
- Gene Petersen
- Douglas Smith
- Brett Nelson
- Jim Haselberger
- Dave Tyner
- Tim Tyner
- Mike Turnipseed
- Brandon Graber
- Roger & Peggy Christianson
- Robert & Shandra Olsen Christianson
- The Steve Barry Family
- Autumn Petersen
- Dave Kjelstrup
- Pete & Elizabeth Stout
- Thomas & Ellen Manning
- Fred Slater
- The Eric Arnette Family and all the staff from the Texas Cash store in Texas
- Shelly & Candace Arnette
- Jim Smith
- Randall Spence & Emily Belue
- Sabrina Haverfield
- Robert & Wendy Haverfield
- Sydney Scott
- Bertil Friman
- Benny Fredriksson
- Uno Kristiansson
- Thomas Nyden
- Bjorn Hagman
- Martin Ostholm
- Jeff Edland
- Chad Badger
- Dennis & Nan Roberg
- Brian Nelson
- Joe Kapaun
- Brian Gebeke
“For it is in giving that we receive.” - St. Francis of Assisi
JXS Current Rates
Wondering what our current rates are? Click to download the JXS Rate Sheet
The John X Foundation enables hunters to easily make contributions in coordinated ways that maximize local impact for humanitarian and conservation causes.
What People Are Saying
"For years I have heard many stories describing Africa. They were all wrong. The descriptions of the country, the experience and the scenery fell far short of the actual experience. I was moved emotionally and spiritually with the pure beauty of the country and fell in love with the passion of the people. Although this was our first trip, it will in no way be our last."~ Mark Motley '14 from
"If you have already been on a safari, you have come to know that it is more than the hunt … much more! On our 6th safari, we had the good fortune to share JXS with our 2 best friends who were on their 1st safari. And what a safari experience it turned out to be. Everything from riding elephants, to fishing, to hunting waterfowl. The highlight of our experience was being able to take a magnificent Blue Duiker from a ground blind. JXS slogan is “Going the Distance” … and they never cease to amaze us … creating a safari experience that is unmatched anywhere."~ Chris & Marie Petersen '13 from USA
"Carl another excellent Safari my friend! I had a wonderful time and can't wait to get back. Everything was done very professionally, and I would like to thank you very much."~ Jeff Edland '12 from USA
"Thank you again for a wonderful experience. Botswana was spectacular, Linda and Clive were wonderful hosts and their staff was professional and very helpful. John and Thomas had a great time hunting and I thoroughly enjoyed taking pictures - our driver even showed me how to pick truffles! Every day we saw noteworthy animals and the guys got the trophies they were after. As for us, this was our 7th trip with John X and surely will not be our last. Thanks again, and until next time!"~ Lynn & John Nowlin '14 from
"We were here 2 years ago and had so much fun we wanted to come back with friends. This time there were six of us. The hunting was great and the hospitality was even better than I remember. When you come on a John X Safari you are treated like royalty. Thanks again."~ Larry & Rita Heim '13 from
"Some experiences impact you for the rest of your life. This father and son safari was definitely one of them. The bonding we had is irreplaceable. We each had our sights set on various species and the trophies we’re taking home have surpassed our wildest dreams. "Crums Man" you will not find a better PH/Tracker combo than Greg and Bless - They made everyday a new adventure with new friends. Thanks to everyone at John X Safaris for making this dream come true."~ D. & J. Tomcheck '14 from