Packing List for Mozambique
Mozambique is generally warm but you can expect rain throughout the year. Average temperatures range from 65f - 95f, with some days reaching well over 100f from October – January.
The following list is a general guideline of what to bring on safari. There is a daily laundry service except for the days of arrival/departure and days away at spike camp, very seldom more than 1-2 nights. Pack light ensuring you have the basic comfortable clothing/equipment and keep in mind you'll be traveling from Beira to camp in a charter plane with limited space.
- 2 Pairs of good walking boots or running shoes (walked/run in)
- 1 Pair of swamp boots for Mozambique Swamp Buffalo hunts only. We recommend All Star type sneakers
- 4 Pairs of good socks
- 3 Pairs of long hunting pants (Dark Khaki or Olive Green)
- 3 Pairs of short hunting pants
- 3 Pairs of hunting shirts (Dark Khaki or Olive Green)
- 1 Realtree coverall with zipper for Mozambique Swamp Buffalo hunts only
- 1 Hunting Jacket - Realtree type camo (Dark Khaki or Olive Green)
- 1 Warm sweater or jumper
- Light Weight rain gear for Mozambique
- Sun Screen
- Cap or Hat
- Casual wear for evenings, very relaxed
- USB flash drive or SD card for copying your PH’s pictures to take with you
- Camera/Binocular lens cleaning cloth
- Pocket knife
- Sunglasses & sun block SPF 30
- Small backpack for daily equipment while hunting (e.g. cameras, extra ammo)
- Rifle with Sufficient Ammunition
- Chap stick or lip balm
- International plug set - conversion to South Africa 220 V
- Insect repellant - Mosquito repellent preferably containing DEET
- Extra prescription glasses if required
- Spare batteries if required
- Rifle cleaning kit, regular wipe down set
- Prescription drugs if required
- Baby/Wet wipes for the ladies on safari
- Malaria prophylaxis
- First aid is on hand in camp and in all hunting vehicles, but it would be wise to bring your own requirements along
- Skin so Soft by Avon for Tsetse flies
- Rifle soft case - For all charter flights 1 soft case per gun as hard cases don't always fit into the small planes, we will arrange storage at point of departure if required
- Taxidermy tags if you have your own Taxidermist (shipping Instructions)
- Any CITES permits you may require
Military type camo is not permitted in most African countries, but Realtree types are normally accepted.
JXS Current Rates
Wondering what our current rates are? Click to download the JXS Rate Sheet
Want a Safari Quote?
It will only take a couple of minutes…
Download our Mozambican 2016 Quote Calculator & Rate Sheet.
What People Are Saying
"... John X Safaris is truly a great safari operation. I have nothing but good things to say. The accommodations, food, lodge staff and most of all the quality of game are second to none."~ Tony White '12 from USA
"Great effort by all, you made a great safari experience! The extra work combined with truly exceptional access to hunting land was magnificent, but the real "icing on the cake" was the great fun, laughter and camaraderie with the team. I feel like we came as strangers and leave as friends, and all this for a beginner! Thanks for the patience ..."~ Alex Good '12 from USA
"I had a great time!!!! Could not have been better. The staff were friendly and so helpful. Schalk was superb and put in endless effort to ensure our hunt with bow and rifle was a great success."~ Josh Wilde '12 from USA
"I had a great experience.
Mike Currie is #1!!!"
"We were here 2 years ago and had so much fun we wanted to come back with friends. This time there were six of us. The hunting was great and the hospitality was even better than I remember. When you come on a John X Safari you are treated like royalty. Thanks again."~ Larry & Rita Heim '13 from
Memories of crawling through thorn bushes, mud and laying on ant piles waiting for a huge horned animal to step out into the clearing. Taking numerous magnificent trophies and hanging out with the great members of John X Safaris and Gunwerks team will be memories that last. The nightly stories with the gang were awesome. Keep doing what you do... Trevor Krueger - Gunwerks~ Trevor Kruger '15 from USA