Rates & Pricing
All prices are quotes in USD $ and are set per season.
At John X Safaris we believe that there should be no hidden costs on a safari. All hunters should enjoy the same benefits without extra charges for superior quality of trophies and services.
For the current rates of our South African Safaris contact us at email@example.com
Booking Procedures & Conditions
Once you have contacted us with your hunting enquiry, booking can take place via your agent or directly with John X Safaris.
A booking will only be held once 40% of the Total Daily Rate of the safari has been received as a deposit and a contract has been undertaken between John X Safaris and the client. Trophy fees will be determined and locked at those prices of the year in which a deposit is paid, unless stated differently within your contract.
Full payment of the balance of the total daily rate for the safari is due upon arrival at camp.
Trophy fees can be settled at the end of the hunt.
We do accept personal checks, travelers’ checks, cash and all leading credit cards. Please note there may be a slight difference in credit card charges from time of payment to when the transaction takes place due to exchange rate fluctuations.
Surcharges on Transactions
Credit Cards - A 3.5% surcharge will be levied on all credit card transactions.
Checks - A 1% surcharge will be levied on all cheque transactions.
Wire Transfer - Free - 0% Surcharge
Feel free to wire a projected total prior to the start of your safari, which can then be topped up at the end of your safari or refunded.
Our Prices include the following:
- Pick- up and drop off at the nearest airport to camp in the area in which you will be hunting, unless prior special arrangements have been made.
- Hunting license fees.
- The services of an experienced and qualified Professional Hunter with a well-equipped four-wheel-drive vehicle and a tracker.
- Standard equipment where required.
- Complete support crew of camp staff, trackers, skinners and chefs.
- Safari camps ranging from comfortable country hunting camps to luxurious safari lodges.
- All land transportation while on safari.
- All meals, drinks and laundry services on all standard plains/dangerous game safaris, unless stated differently in quotation.
Additional Costs that our Prices do not include:
- International & domestic flights.
- Shipping & taxidermy.
- Day fee/s for the day of arrival - first night in camp
- All drinks on our standard bird hunts, but including house wines, unless stated differently in quotation.
- Trophy handling fee per hunter /per safari.
- Provincial transfers if required, unless prior special arrangements have been made.
- Dog pack charges per day for all hunts conducted with dogs.
- Rifle hire and ammunition per safari if required.
- Baiting fee/s where required.
- Local shopping trip/s to town.
- A 14% Government-regulated Value-Added Tax (VAT) on all daily rates and services. This 14% tax does not apply to any trophy fees.
- Gratuities for safari staff and Professional Hunters.
- Meals and liquor outside of camps and hunting areas.
- Telephones and limited Internet service
- Meet and greet service at either of our International Airports, assisting in the clearance of rifle/s through customs.
Any animal wounded/hit (where blood is drawn) and found OR lost will be deemed as taken. The full trophy fee will apply.
While settling your bill for your safari with credit cards, personal checks and travelers checks is not a problem, the tipping of trackers, camp staff and PH's must always be done in USD$ cash, as staff are often unable to exchange checks.
IF you wish - Tips can be added to the final bill of the safari and tallied to your Safari total.
Check with your Professional Hunter what the norm is on tipping and at all times keep in mind a tip is a bonus greatly appreciated, but not expected.
John X Safaris recommends that ALL clients obtain travel insurance prior to their safari.
In the event of a client canceling a safari less than 6 months prior to the commencement date the safari, the deposit will be forfeited if the dates cannot be rescheduled to alternate dates within the same season, or the following season.
Safaris cancelled more than 6 months prior to the commencement date of the hunt will be refunded the deposit less 25%. This 25% will not be refunded, but can be applied to a future safari with alternate dates within the same season, or the following.
ALTHOUGH UNLIKELY, PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGES WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
JXS Current Rates
Wondering what our current rates are? Click to download the JXS Rate Sheet
Want a Safari Quote?
It will only take a couple of minutes…
Download our SA 2016 Quote Calculator & Rate Sheet.
Craig Boddington chose to endorse John X Safaris and recognize us as one of the top outfits in the world.
Craig Boddington Endorsed Outfitter
What People Are Saying
Three generations of hunters, who had their 1st safari and 1st kill with John X Safaris.~ Paul Adams Jr. '15 from
"Stix and I had a great time chasing trophy kudu throughout the Karoo and coastal range. Thanks so much for the fantastic kudu we finally got at Willow Fountain! I will be back for more spiral horn hunts!"~ Paul Latchford '14 from
Attempting to recount a South African safari experience can be a very difficult task. Telling stories and sharing photos can only begin to paint a picture of what one can expect to see when hunting plains game. Being my 2nd trip over to hunt with Carl & the John X crew, I wondered if the experience would be less exciting than my maiden voyage. I could not have been more wrong! Hunting from the mountains in the Karoo, to the dense forests on the coast, this trip could not have been scripted any better. The thrill of chasing a new trophy quality animal every day, the stories told around the dinner table each night, and the friendships made that will last a lifetime are just a few of the reasons that a person needs to visit South Africa once in his or her lifetime! Garrett Wall - Gunwerks~ Garrett Wall '15 from USA
"We can’t express ourselves enough, the gratitude towards everyone. Carl, Juan, the staff - such warm hearted people. Not only to mention our hunts were more than we dreamed it to be. Many thanks to everyone, new friends and memories to last a life time."~ Dennis & Nan Roberg '13 from
Martin my brotha. He always put me on the big ones. John X Safaris what a spectacular experience from start to finish!~ Dominic Corrado '15 from
"Great Hunt. Great Time. Carl is very accommodating. The patience & diligence in selecting trophy animals speaks loudly of the quality hunt that John X & Staff are known for."~ Paul & Sandra Dellva '13 from